Key eresources available to our students include:
- The abstracting services Old Testament Abstracts and New Testament Abstracts
- The index and full text database ATLASerials Religion PLUS
- The online Encyclopedia of the history of interpretation, Encyclopedia of the Bible and Its Reception
- The online, polyglot bible tool and reference collection Oxford Biblical Studies Online
- The ebook version of the Hermeneia Commentary Series
- The online bibliography, Oxford Bibliographies in Biblical Studies
- The online, polyglot bible tool The NET Bible
- The online concordance, the Blue Letter Bible
- BILDI -- Documentation for Biblical Literature, Innsbruck
A bibliography of biblical and biblical-archaeological literature, covering articles, collected works, and monographs. Coverage for some of its 540 periodicals begins in 1985.
Note: Open Access
- The Text This Week
A webpage geared to pastors, with resources for the study of the lectionary, worship planning, and other worship-related materials.
Note: Open Access
- Oxford Bibliographies in Jewish Studies
OBO offers over 150 bibliographies on topics in Jewish Studies, including historic figures, Jewish culture (US and Europe), the Shoah, and modern Jewish politics.
Note: Access: current students, faculty, staff, on campus visitors
- Oxford Scholarship Online
Access nearly 2,000 recent scholary books published by Oxford University Press at this link or through the library catalog. All areas of religious research are included.
Note: Access: current students, faculty, staff, on campus guests
- Bible Basics Pronunciation Guide
NET Ministries guide to pronouncing most words relevant to biblical and theological studies, from Aaron to Zuphite. Provides audio files as well as written phonetic notation.
- SBL Handbook of Style
The Student Supplement for the SBL Handbook of Style. This offers students resources on the basics of SBL Style as well as information on the many, many abbreviations that are used in Biblical studies.
- Chicago Manual of Style Online
Find it. Write it. Cite it. The Chicago Manual of Style Online is the venerable, time-tested guide to style, usage, and grammar in an accessible online format. Turabian is a shortened version of The Chicago Manual of Style.
- Turabian -- A Manual for Writers of Research Papers, Theses, and Dissertations is available in print at both libraries in the reference room at LB2369 .T8
The library also owns several ebook commentaries. The two most useful sets are the Hermeneia series and the Wisdom Commentary series from Liturgical Press.
- I & II Kings
- I & II Chronicles
- I & II Maccabees
- Song of Solomon / Song of Songs
- Sirach / Ecclesiasticus
- Letter of Jeremiah
- Bel and the Dragon
- Prayer of MAnasseh
- I & II Esdras
- III Maccabees
- IV Maccabees
- Maccabees (Ethiopic)
- Letter of Baruch