Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Encyclopedias, Guides, etc.
Archives and Special Collections
Archives and Special Collections refer to groups of rare or unique materials, often topically focused or from a single individual or organization. Many Archives & Special Collections have digitized portions of their resources. Here's a small sampling of what's available on the web:
Transgender Community Collections
- Workshop: Introduction to Gender and Sexual Orientation
- The Unitarian Universalist Association produced this youth ministry resource on gender and sexual orientation, by Rev. Dr. Monica L. Cummings, former UUA program associate for Ministry to Youth and Young Adults of Color.
- The Genderbread Person
- An imperfect but very useful model for understanding gender. Includes diagrams, lesson plans, and an explanation of various editions.
- The Gender Unicorn
- From Trans Student Educagtional Resources, the Gender Unicorn offers up an alternative model to the Genderbread Person.
- Trans Student Knowledge Graphics
- Graphics covering a variety of issues including Title IX, Pronouns, and how to be an ally.