Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Your research will involve looking through a mountain of books and article to help verify, clarify, or interpret your project. The library provides you with access to over 5,000 scholarly journals through various databases. On this page is a curated collection of those databases, to assist you in your research.
Biblical Studies Scholarship
The following databases contain indexing, abstracts, and/or full text of journals focused on the study of the Bible.
The following databases contain indexing, abstracts, and/or full text of journals focused on the study of religion.
- ATLASerials Religion PLUS
ATLAS PLUS provides expanded access to the full text of 450 journals, as well as indexing for a total of 2,000 journals.
- Religion and the Law
Religion and the Law includes over 2,300 titles, including works on Religion & Freedom, Jewish Law, Canon Law, Religion & Politics, The Bible & Public Schools, and History of Church & State.
Note: Access: current faculty, staff, and students
- Theological Journals Search
A Google Custom Search geared towards theological journals. A helpful starting-point for those just beginning research. Some content is open access but most is not. Try searching the Library's Catalog or Journals A to Z if the article is behind a paywall.
Note: Open Access
- Index Theologicus
IxTheo is a free, comprehensive bibliography of articles, books, and related resources for theology and religious studies. Created by the University of Tubingen Library, as well as its protestant & catholic faculty of theology.
One general-purpose library database is available to students, which contain the full text of journals in nearly all fields of research, from Archaeology to Zoology.
- JSTOR includes the full text of over 600 journals, beginning with their first issues (many do not have full text of the current one to five years available, but are indexed).
- OmniFile Full Text Select offers full text of hundreds of journals and magazines in a very broad variety of subject areas, including social sciences and medicine.
- PubMed includes references to medical literature, some of which may include resources for pastoral care and counseling.
Finding a Particular Journal