Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Library has access to the complete collection of materials available through Access Archives. This collection has coverage of much of the 19th century in the United States, with a special focus on Africa American Newspapers, Pennsylvania, the Civil War, and Women's Suffrage.
- Accessible Archives
Access to the complete collection of materials available through Access Archives. This collection has coverage of much of the 19th century in the United States, with a special focus on Africa American Newspapers, Pennsylvania, the Civil War, and Women's Suffrage.
- African American Newspapers (Accessible Archives)
The African American Newspapers collection includes the full text of eleven early African American newspapers, including The Christian Recorder, Frederick Doublass' Paper, The North Star, and Freedmen's Record.
- Civil War Collection (Accessible Archives)
Accessible Archives has compiled an eclectic collection of original source material related to the Civil War. Included in this collection are perspectives from newspapers, generals, soldiers, and others. In addition, it includes a collection of abolitionist era reference materials, compiled by the Abraham Lincoln Memorial Library, Springfield, IL.
- Women's Suffrage Collection (Accessible Archives)
The collection covers the period 1840-1920, including various women's rights movements during that era. In particular, abolitionist movements up to and during the Civil War, temperance, and women's suffrage movements thereafter.
Historical Religion Periodicals
- AAS Alternative Faith and Philosophy Periodicals, 1789-1878
- AAS Baptists, Quakers, and Independent Church Periodicals, 1797-1881
- AAS Catholic, Lutheran, Methodist, and Episcopal Periodicals, 1797-1904
- Congregational, Presbyterian, and Reformed Church Periodicals, 1803-1902
- Emerging American Religions, 1821-1895
- General Interest Christian Periodicals, 1743-1889
- Missionary and Charity Periodicals, 1793-1902
- Religious Periodicals for Women, Children, and Families, 1804-1878
- Religious Periodicals from the Southern US, 1801-1904
- Sunday School Periodicals, 1818-1885
- Temperance in America, 1826-1877
- Theology and Biblical Studies Periodicals, 1760-1877
American Antiquarian Society Periodicals
The library has purchased a collection of over 5,000 periodicals, fully indexed & digitized for reading online. This collection covers the 17th thru the beginning of the 20th century. We've broken the collection up by areas of interest so that you may more easily find content connecting to your research. To search the full set, use the following link. To search a subset, browse the rest of this page.